Romeo and Juliet
The Sourcebooks Shakespeare brings the Shakespeare page to life. This remarkable edition of Romeo & Juliet is both the easiest way to understand the play and the best way to experience the full power and depth of the play.
This dynamic book includes an integrated audio CD that showcases key scenes from great performances past and present. You'll experience the play like never before-it's the next best thing to seeing the play performed live.
Each book offers:
* The full play, with line notes and a concurrent glossary
* Scholars and theatre producers discussing the play and popular culture
* Comments from every cast member of a current production.
This is also a very visual text, including:
* Photographs from great performances
* Costume designs and set renderings from different productions
* Production notes that take you inside the stage experience
Exclusive to The Sourcebooks Shakespeare and like no other edition of Romeo & Juliet, our audio CD and unique focus on the play as performed on the stage and on film brings the play to life.
* Ellen Terry from 1911
* The Renaissance Theatre production with Kenneth Branagh, Sir Jon Gielgud and Dame Judi Dench
* Modern scenes with Kate Beckinsale and Joseph Fiennes
* About the 1811 production in Covent Garden, London
* And see how the Chicago Shakespeare Theater's 2005 cast approaches the play
* Page facsimiles from the Garrick-Kemble text from the late 1700s
* Costume designs and set renderings from Sir John Gielgud's 1935 production
* Photographs from Romeo + Juliet directed by Baz Luhrmann
Narrated by: Sir Derek Jacobi
What people are saying - Write a review
its . . . shakespeareUser Review - Ashley55 - Borders
i found this book to be a great book to read. in the beginning, there was a different, modern version that retold the story, then the original story by shakespeare followed. the first story helped me ... Read full review
I love loveUser Review - seekingBecca - Borders
I am 30 years old, I've always known the story of Romeo & juliet but I've never read it not even in high school, just seen a really bad movie of it several years back. I must say Juliets age took me ... Read full review
In Covent Garden London in 1811
Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
Chicago Shakespeare Theaters 2005 Cast
1 other sections not shown